The LTC2451 and LTC2452 join the previously released LTC2450 (SPI, single-ended input) and LTC2453 (I2C, differential input), thereby offering a complete ultra-tiny 16-bit ADC family.
The versatile LTC2451/LTC2452 achieve excellent 16-bit DC performance of 2LSB integral nonlinearity error, 1.4uVRMS transition noise and 0.01% gain error. These ADCs have an internal oscillator and allow up to 60 conversions per second, making it easy to measure temperature, pressure, voltage, or other low-frequency sensor outputs. The LTC2451 draws 0.7mA (max) supply current and the LTC2452 1.2mA (max) at the 60Hz maximum sample rate. After each conversion, the ADC enters a shutdown mode, reducing supply current to less than 0.5uA (max). By sampling only occasionally, as many portable sensors do, the supply current is dramatically reduced. For example, the LTC2451/LTC2452 dissipate just 40uW from a 3V supply when sampling the ADC only once per second. The LTC2451/LTC2452 also incorporate a proprietary input sampling network that reduces the dynamic input current to less than 50nA, making a wide range of external input protection and filter circuits possible.
LTC245x Ultra-Tiny ADC Family
Summary of Features: LTC2451/LTC2452
- ±VCC Differential Input Range (LTC2452/LTC2453)
- 0V to VCC Single-Ended Input Range
- I2C-Compatible 2-Wire Interface (LTC2451/LTC2453)
- SPI-Compatible 3-Wire Interface (LTC2450/LTC2452)
- Extremely Low 50nA Dynamic Input Current
- Ultra-Tiny 3mm × 2mm DFN Package
- 2LSB INL, No Missing Codes
- 4LSB Full-Scale Error
- Single Supply 2.7 to 5.5V Operation
- 1.4uVRMS Noise
- Low Power:
- 700uA at 60Hz Output Rate (LTC2451)
- 10uA at 1Hz Output Rate
- Internal Oscillator – No External Components Required
- Single Conversion Settling Time for Multiplexed Applications
- Single Cycle Operation with Auto Shutdown
- 60Hz Conversion Rate
The LTC2451 and LTC2452 are each offered in 8-pin ultra-tiny 3mm x 2mm DFN packages. They are available today in both commercial and industrial temperature grade versions today. Pricing for the LTC2451 begins at $1.15 and the LTC2452 at $1.25, each in 1,000-piece quantities.